One objective of this blog is to encourage productive discussion and debate within the "comments" forum. Leaving comments has been made easier. No registration is required. Comments can be left anonymously. A Hassle free and easy forum to leave a comment. However, any inappropriate comments will be deleted by blog administrators. Thank you for commenting so your voice can be heard.


Saturday, August 28, 2010

Paris Hilton Arrested On Cocaine Charge

I don't like to comment on celebrities, there are more than enough sites for that.  I am sure Perez Hilton can fill you in on all the more lurid details, but it is being reported by the AP that:
Paris Hilton was arrested on the Las Vegas Strip late Friday after police saw a cloud of what they suspected was marijuana smoke wafting from the windows of a black Cadillac Escalade driven by her boyfriend, then found a small amount of cocaine in her possession.
I am not here to pass judgment on Paris or her boy-friend for doing drugs.  We are each responsible for our own behavior and I am not one to sit in judgment.  However, drinking or doing drugs and driving is just irresponsible. 

I, like most of us, have in my life made mistakes and used poor judgement and have driven after one too many drinks. I was lucky and never got a DUI or had an accident.  Regardless, it was stupid and very irresponsible. I have been at dinner parties and had way too much wine and have in that altered state thought I was fine to drive. Good friends will usually remind you (me) you are not.  It is something I take very seriously now and will never do.


Three easy concepts depending on your finances: Call a friend, Call a Cab, Use a Car Service or use the Personal Driver already on the pay role.

So her arrest is a reminder to us all, do not drink or do drugs and drive.

1 comment:

  1. I have a friend we will call her PF and she has a lot of money...but her cheapness from spending money on a taxi cab was part of the reason that she got her second DUI. She was pissed because she had to post bail of $50K because the other driver was claiming an injury (which turned out to be fraudulent.)

    When the writer says depending on your finances, think about the cost ratio benefits between a DUI and a taxi.

    I bet that loser who use to drive a range rover and lives in SF is pretty sorry now that she was too selfish and penny pinching to pay $100 for a cab vs. the $5K she will not get back from the bail bondsman and the other costs of her drunk driving.

    Rumor has it in her first DUI she crippled someone.

    And we are taking the high road and not mentioning names, but next time she drinks and drives it won't be me who prints her driving offense it will be the coroner.

    ReplyDelete