Have you heard that in Texas they are undergoing a plan to to massively rewrite history textbooks to fit a right-wing agenda. Yes, history is just not conservative enough in Texas.
What kind of corrections? Some pretty big ones! You have to read these to see just how HORRIBLE this situation is. It is propaganda pure and simple. We should all be outraged.
- Remember that thing called the slave trade? Well, it turns out what you learned was all wrong, because it wasn't some evil buying and selling of human beings, it was simply "Atlantic triangular trade." (As in A(fricans) + B(eing) = C(argo))
- The Civil Rights Movement created "unrealistic expectations of equal outcomes" for minorities in America. And Martin Luther King, Jr? Pretty much a Black Panther.
- Thomas Jefferson? He was an insignificant, God-hating heathen who made sure that church and state remained separate.
- Senator Joe McCarthy was right to go after the Godless commies in Hollywood and Washington. He will be vindicated.
- The right to bear arms is essential to democracy and kids really need to learn this in school.
- Sir Isaac Newton didn't know shit. We have military technology to thank for America's successes in science. So please, take the time to write Lockheed Martin and let them know that you appreciate everything they do for America.
- Along with military technology, America can only flourish economically through "minimal government intrusion and taxation."
- Capitalism was once a great word, but has been dragged through the mud by liberals. We now call it "free enterprise."
- The Israel-Palestine conflict? Blame the whole thing on a bunch of dang fundamentalist Muslims.
- Moses had a greater influence on the US Constitution than Thomas Jefferson did.
Advising Dunbar and the school board is David Barton, founder of the revisionist group WallBuilders, whose stated goal is "to exert a direct and positive influence in government, education, and the family by (1) educating the nation concerning the Godly foundation of our country; (2) providing information to federal, state, and local officials as they develop public policies which reflect Biblical values; and (3) encouraging Christians to be involved in the civic arena."
Wow. So they believe that if Christians aren't involved in the indoctrination of our youth, then the terrorist-loving liberals will continue to ruin our nation unchecked.
Read the list of changes again! How can anyone read that list and not be afraid for our future. Yes there is an element to History of how we interpret it, BUT this is beyond a question of interpretation. This is Orwellian! This is propaganda! Nazi Germany did the same thing!